TESLA 4000 is an intelligent, state of the art, user-friendly multi-timeframe dynamic power system recorder with advanced Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) and Continuous Disturbance Recording (CDR) capabilities.
TESLA 4000 is an easy-to-use and cost effective, state of the art, multi-time frame (simultaneous) power system monitoring recorder. The integrated Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) functionality streams synchrophasor data for wide area monitoring.
The TESLA creates records simultaneously in three time domains - fault (fast), dynamic swing (slow) and trend records and also creates event logs.
The CDR creates continuous records without triggers which together with the fault, swing and trend records provides wide area visibility of system performance. The CDR also creates redundancy in PMU data.With these powerful recording and communication capabilities, the TESLA recording systems provides the most versatile and complete monitoring of power system health.
- To provide early warning for unstable conditions in power system
- Improve system planning through real-time state estimation
- Major load centers, generation facilities and transmission interfaces
- Easy-to-use settings and analysis software
- PMU per IEEE C37.118-2005 standard
- Advanced communication protocols
- SCADA support with DNP3 and Modbus
- CDR meets NERC PRC-002 DME standards
- Remote input modules save on costly wiring runs
- Lossless data compression for fast file transfer
- Non-volatile on board flash memory